Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Add a Pin It button to your blog


Pin It





Someone asked me if I could do a tutorial on how to add a "Pin It" button to your blog. This is REALLY easy now! You can find me on pinterest HERE by the way :)  **hint, hint** LOL. Pinterest used to have a very hard way (for us common html speakin' folk) but now they've made it way easier. I LOVE the new way so much more! Okay, so here is how you will do it.

1)  First you will write your post as such :) Then you will publish your post. Then you will go to that post to retrieve the information that you will need. You will need the URL and you will need the URL of the picture you want to use for pin it (you get this by clicking on the photo). 



2) Then you will open up the page you need to create the pinterest button..... http://pinterest.com/about/goodies/



3) Then you will go down about halfway and you will see this: 
Where you see URL of the webpage the pin is on you will type in the web address of your post.






THEN where you see URL of the image to be pinned you will type in the web address of the photo. I get this by clicking on the photo and copying and pasting.



4) Then you will go in and EDIT the post. Then when you are editing, you will click on the "EDIT HTML" tab at the top. It will then look like this:






You will then copy and paste the code that the Pinterest page gave you....


Make sure you copy and paste the entire code!!!

You can pretty much put it anywhere that you would like. A good tip, if you're having trouble, is to go to "compose" at the top, then type in like 10 x's to mark a spot. Like this XXXXXXXXX. Then you can add your pinterest code there, and make sure you delete the x's when you're done. 


Hope you have fun adding these to your blog posts and sharing all your goodies!!! 

3 comments:

Renee V said...

Thank you for the tutorial! I was kinda hoping it would be possible to automatically add a Pin It button the the end of every post, in the way a signature is. I just don't want to go through all those steps every time. But maybe I'm not reading thorugh it all the way.. I'll check back later and actually read the whole thing! LOL. Oh, I'm following y our beautiful Pinterest boards!!! Thanks!

Extra! Extra! Blog All About It said...

Thanks so much! I was wondering how to add the Pinterest button like FB and Twitter to my blog as well {in the sidebar}? I have blogger, btw. Love your blog!

XO,
Kimberly

jamie said...

I am with Renee on this one - is there a way to do it automatically to every post? I've been searching, but so far no luck!